Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Liebster Award. Oh La La



Today I have something very exciting, but different for all of you!!  I was recently nominated for a Liebster Award, which is such a huge honor.  When I first started this blog a few, short months ago I never thought that I would be this into it.  I love blogging and sharing my creations with all of you beauties!  However, the coolest thing has been meeting all the amazing people behind the comments, responses, and follows.  

So basically, this award is for bloggers who have under 200 followers.  It is used as a way to get to know the person behind the posts, but also to encourage networking.  I will nominate twenty fellow bloggers to then answer 11 questions.

Here is a short set of rules for anyone participating:

1. You must link back to the person who nominated you
2. You must answer 11 questions asked by that person
3. Choose 11 bloggers who have under under 200 followers to 
nominate for a Liebster Award
4. Post 11 questions for those nominated to answer



Let's get started.  The amazing Emma over at Emma's Space nominated me for this award.  Everyone should definitely go check out her amazing nail art and fantastic hauls!!

1. Do you have a useful beauty/nail care/nail art tip you could share?
Practice.  Practice.  Practice.  
Doing my nails daily has improved my nail art in a short amount of time.

2. Are you part of any blogging/nail art challenges?
No.  I have been searching for the right nail art challenge, but always seem to find them either right in the middle or when they are ending.  I want to challenge myself to do the ABC nail art challenge soon.  I just have so many designs I want to test out first!!

3. What is the weather like right now where you are blogging from?
Sunny and warm.  Southern California doesn't get much different than that.

4. What beauty products do you always carry in your bag?
Chapstick and a nail file.  I can never leave home without either!

5. If money was no object, what would be your dream vacation (max 3 places!)? 
I think this answer may be somewhat cheating, since it encompasses way more than three places, but basically anywhere tropical.  The British Virgin Islands would probably be number one.  Than like Bermuda or something.  Anywhere where the population is less than 1,000 and there's a beach. 

6. Are there any beauty/nail products that are hard to find in your country?
Cheap cabochons and water decals are hard to find.  I order most of my accessories from Hong Kong because they are like 1/3 of the price.  

7. What is your current favorite nail polish?
This is probably the hardest question of them all!  If I had to pick one nail polish and one only I would have to say Hare Polish- Oceans of Alloys.  I have never found a polish that feel so vintage, yet in style as this one.  I am a huge sucker for teal and blue polishes, but the gold flakes in this shade just put it over the top for me.  I posted a manicure featuring this polish here.  

8. What are your favorite tv shows to watch?
I love any and all cooking/baking shows.  However, my favorite show of all time is Law & Order: SVU.  I have watched every single episode multiple times.  Also, Pretty Little Liars :)  It's my "dirty little secret" show.  

9. What is your current favorite perfume?
I just got a free small sample of Daisy by Marc Jacobs and I am about to go buy the full sized version.

10. What is your favorite animal?
Cheetahs because of their coat and the fact that they 
are pretty much just giant house cats.

11. Do you have any pets/ If you could own any other pets what would you have?
I have two children...ahem...I mean cats.  :)  I really would love to own an English Bulldog, however, with my current living situation being an apartment with no backyard I feel that it would be cruel. I am hoping in a few years, possibly after graduate school, to be able to get one.

I hope you all enjoy my answers, and I look forward to reading yours!!  

And the nominees are...
1. 
2.
3.

(Please comment below if you would like to receive the Liebster Award.  I will continue to update the list as more nominees become available)

Here are my 11 questions to my nominees:
1. What are three of your favorite indie nail polish companies?
2. What got you into nail polish?
3. How many nail polishes do you own? 
4. If you were stranded on a deserted island and were allowed 3 items what would they be?
5. What are two hobbies you have besides nail polish?
6. If you could only buy one brand of polish for the rest of your life, what would it be?
7. What are three of your favorite movies of all time?
8.  Who is your biggest role model and why?
9.  What got you into nail polish/nail art?
10.  When is your birthday?
11. What is your biggest fear?

I am so excited to see all of the amazing answers from all the nominees.  If you would like to be nominated please comment below.  Have a beautiful day!!






No comments :

Post a Comment

 
09 10