Thursday, February 6, 2014

Water Marble...Yep that's right Water Marble :)




Excitement does not begin to describe how I feel about this post and these manicures.  Ever since I have started getting seriously into nail art and polish water marbling has always fascinated me.  I learn very well visually so after watching a few videos on water marbling I figured I should give it a shot.  I was amazed by my results.  Obviously, with time my designs will become more accurate, but for a first go I was very impressed with myself.  Also, it is a blast!!


 Thumb nail

Ring Finger

Index Finger

Middle Finger

I think that my favorite nail was the thumb nail.  I think all over the colors came through really well.  On each nail I experimented with the design flow and the color pattern used.  For instance, on my middle finger I put rings of pink, orange, yellow, pink, orange, yellow.  But for my ring finger I did pink, orange, yellow, pink, orange.  The polishes I used were Sinful Colors-Pink Forever, Orly-Orange Punch, and Fuse-Lil' Miss Sunshine.  I really liked how all of these polishes interacted with the water.  Originally, I had planned to do a pink, black, white design.  However, my white and black did not work well in the water.  At the very last second I decided to change to this color pattern, which I really ended up liking.



While waiting for my nails to dry I started experimenting with other color patterns I could thing of and I came up with this one first try.  So I decided to go crazy and water marble twice.  Hey, good practice.  For this water marble I used OPI-Here Today Aargon Tomorrow and OPI-Don't Feed the Hand Models.  I love how these two interact.  The "Don't Feed the Hand Models" was a bit difficult to work with because it is an older polish I own.  However, after tapping the glass I was able to get it to spread. 

Index Finger

Middle Finger

Ring Finger

I am so obsessed with how these two manicures came out.  I topped both of them off with my beloved HK Girl Top Coat that I always use.  I cannot wait to try water marbling again.  I hope you beauties don't get sick of it!!

What kind of interesting painting techniques do you beauties use?  Have any of you tried water marbling?  Let me know.  Have a beautiful day!!



No comments :

Post a Comment

 
09 10