Tuesday, April 8, 2014

LA Meet Up Nails & Munchie Mani





A week or so ago I participated in my first ever local IG meet up.  It was so exciting to finally put faces to screen names.  And c'mon, who doesn't love shopping and discussing nails unadulterated for hours on end?  I met some really kick ass beauties, and bought some awesome polishes!!






Here is a solo shot of the manicure that I did for the local meet up.  The theme was what California means to you.  My thumb and pinkie are a sunset ombre with a palm tree stamped on to represent the beautiful beaches in California, and the even more stunning sunsets.  My index finger is Hare Polish Own Your Opulence.  The first time I ever posted about this polish I kept thinking how much it reminded me of sand.  So there, it is sand.  Haha!  My middle and ring finger are B Squared Lacquer All Aboard.  The LA symbol on my ring finger is a water decal from the unbelievably cute DIY Nail Decals located in the UK.  

Speaking of water decals from DIY Nail Decals: 


My "munchie" mani as it was aptly termed features water decals from the awesome DIY Nail Decals.  For the base I used three thin coats of China Glaze Vase Value.  This is definitely another pastel China Glaze that makes me go weak at the knees.  I love teals, light blues, tiffany blues, and this one is stunning!!  On my thumb I used OPI Gaining Mole-Mentum from the new Muppets Most Wanted Collection.  I love this polish for sure, but there are many dupes out there by OPI themselves that are probably cheaper now because they are from older collections.


Macro shot of China Glaze Vase Value topped with OPI Gaining Mole-Mentum


Macro shot of China Glaze Vase Value with a Cheesebuger


China Glaze Vase Value with a Hot Dog


China Glaze Vase Value with Pizza


China Glaze Vase Value with a Pretzel

I definitely think that I prefer more funny, silly, joke related water decals than the more delicate floral ones.  I recently looked through my collection of decals, it really has become quite an array, I started noticing a trend of cartoon characters and food.  

What types of water decals do you beauties tend to use and purchase?  I have definitely been trying to force myself out of my "comfort zone" if you will and buy more floral, delicate, lace water decals.  Let me know!! Have a beautiful week.




No comments :

Post a Comment

 
09 10