Tuesday, April 8, 2014

China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle Dots and Stripes & Trippy Kitty Water Marble



Too Yacht to Handle by China Glaze was one of the very first nail polishes I bought when I first started getting into nail art.  A couple of months ago, while painting a friend's nails, I clumsily knocked the bottle over, spilled out half of my precious Too Yacht to Handle.  I have looked for it every time I have vistited any beauty supply store.  Fast forward to a few weeks ago where I found one of my favorite China Glaze colors ever.  




To create this manicure I used two thin coats of China Glaze Too Yacht To Handle on my index and pinkie finger.  To create the look on my middle and ring finger I started with a two thin coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White.  I then painted the other half of my nail with Too Yacht to Handle and used a striping brush to create the black line.  My thumb is Cult Nails Nevermore.  


Slowly, but surely I have been trying to master water marbling.  At the local meet up I went to, a friend of mine recommend using Color Club polishes to water marble with.  I quickly grabbed a few, but waited a couple of weeks to test them out.  I was amazed.  My world changed.  These polishes work flawlessly.  They not only spread smoothly and easily, but they don't leave and residue in the water that I have experienced with other polish.  The colors are also very bright, which I adore.

I paired this water marble with trippy kitty water decals I bought from a seller on Etsy.  I created the negative space accent nails by using Nail Vinyls.  


Macro of negative space accent nail

Trippy kitty Macro


Trippy kitty Macro



Trippy bunny and chick macro


I definitely am buying more Color Club in the future with this recent discovery.  I am beyond pleased with the results and cannot wait to try more color combinations and designs in the near future.  I also am having a blast pairing water marbles with water decals.  So much water!!

Do any of you beauties enjoy doing water marbles?  Let me know!!  
Have a beautiful week :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
09 10