Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Pinwheel Polish Jelly Sandwich & Day 22, Almost there!




Pinwheel Polish Flambeau and Fiesta Night Parade Jelly Sandwich

The first manicure I have for you today features an indie company that I just recently discovered and made my first purchase from.  Pictured here is a jelly sandwich of Pinwheel Polish "Flambeau" and "Fiesta Night Parade".


To create this jelly sandwich I started with two thin coats of Pinwheel Polish "Flambeau".  I love the intense orange shade of this polish. After those layers dried, I added two coats of Pinwheel Polish "Fiesta Night Parade".  I applied two coats of glitter in this case because of the larger pieces of glitter that I wanted to make sure were in the sandwich.  However, if you do two layers of glitter be careful that you don't build it up too much or else it will take forever to dry and is a lot easier to mess up.  To finish, I added a final layer of "Flambeau" and topped with a coat of HK Girl Top Coat.

Pinwheel Polish Flambeau and Fiesta Night Parade Jelly Sandwich

Bottle shot of Pinwheel Polish "Fiesta Night Parade", 
the middle layer of the jelly sandwich.

Pinwheel Polish Flambeau and Fiesta Night Parade Jelly Sandwich

Bottle shot of Pinwheel Polish "Flambeau", 
the top and bottom layer of the jelly sandwich.

Pinwheel Polish Flambeau and Fiesta Night Parade Jelly Sandwich

Macro shot of Pinwheel Polish jelly sandwich.

Next up:


Day 22's theme for Nail Art April was "Dry Brush".  For this manicure I started with a base of Color Club "Miss Bliss".  Holy, mother, of holo.  I cannot believe that a non-indie, mainstream brand makes such a freaking amazing holo!!!  I am obsessed, in love, and over the moon all at the same time over this base holo.  Sadly, my light box does not like this holo nearly as much as I do and decided not to photograph it as well as it could have.  Oh well, either way, I used Cult Nails "Nevermore" on top to create this effect.


Sun shot of Color Club "Miss Bliss" with Cult Nails "Nevermore" dry brushed over the top.  In this picture you can truly see how beautiful this holo nail polish is.

I am definitely going to have to get the rest of the collection, obviously ;).  Do you beauties like holos?  What brands of holos do you typically buy?  Let me know!! Have a beautiful rest of your week.



No comments :

Post a Comment

 
09 10