Saturday, May 31, 2014

Vapid Lacquer Outer Space Review & Swatches



Vapid Lacquer
**Disclaimer: I was sent these items to review.  All opinions expressed therein are honest and of my own accord.**

When it comes to cuticle care it seems like there are about 4,000 different products on the market.  I am constantly using a combination of about 6 different products on my cuticles at any given time.  So whenever I have the opportunity to test and try new cuticle treatments I jump at the chance.  Krys over at Vapid Lacquer was kind enough to send me some cuticle oil and cuticle balm to test out while I was swatching some pretties!


To start, I absolutely love the scent of both the oil and the balm.  The oil is "Dead Sea Mineral Cuticle Oil" and the balm is "Southern Summer" Cuticle Balm.  I really like the consistency of both cuticle products as well.  The oil rubs in easily and I have been using it after clean up when my cuticles seem to be the most dry.  Personally, I like to slop on cuticle oil, but a little drop on each cuticle also works with this oil.  It also does not leave my hands feeling greasy in anyway.  Also, when I apply a lot I usually only have to wait about 30 minutes for it to soak into my cuticles before I take photos.  I have definitely seem a noticeable difference in my cuticles.  I might just be imagining things, but I also feel like this particular cuticle oil removes  any excess top coat, nail polish, or even remover I may still have on my hands after I have finished a mani.

I have been using the balm before bed.  I absolutely adore the container that it is.  Personally, I love this type of container because of how easy it is to bring with me on the go.  The only draw back to this style of container is that all of my friends try to use it as chap stick!  I'm sure it would work wonders on your lips as well, but I constantly have to take it away from friends!  I've had the same thing happen with my Burt's Bees before, so I wouldn't necessarily call it a problem, more of a fun prank waiting to happen.

Overall, I would definitely recommend both of these cuticle care products.  I personally, love the smell of both and I believe they have improved my cuticles.  I like that Vapid Lacquer uses a limited number of ingredients in each product.  For instance, the cuticle balm only has 7 ingredients 2 of which are butters and 2 of which are oils!  If you have any interest in purchasing Vapid Lacquer cuticle care products you can find them here.  Krys also carries a variety of other bath and body works that are so cool you should definitely check them out!

On to the polish:

Vapid Lacquer Stellar Atmosphere

"Stellar Atmosphere" is a beautiful blueish, silver holo.  I created this look by starting with two coats of "Stellar Atmosphere".  I created my accent nail by doing a "galaxy" look.  I even  used "Stellar Atmosphere" to tie the whole manicure together.  I finished it all off with Vapid Lacquer Top Coat.

The application if this polish is smooth.  Also, the top coat brings the whole polish to life.  There were no bubbles and no dragging.

Vapid Lacquer Stellar Atmosphere

Macro shot of "Stellar Atmosphere"

Vapid Lacquer Stellar Atmosphere

Daylight shot of "Stellar Atmosphere".  Sadly, it was so cloudy on this day that I was unable to capture any sun shots.  However, this holo has any amazing rainbow in it that is much more evident in the macros.



Vapid Lacquer Stellar Atmosphere

Macro shot in outside lighting of "Stellar Atmosphere"

Next up:
Vapid Lacquer Carina Nebula

"Carina Nebula" is a beautiful pinkish, red holo.  I created this manicure by starting with two coats of "Carina Nebula".  I created my accent nail by doing a "galaxy" look using "Carina Nebula" in the technique to tie the entire mani together.  I topped everything off with a coat of Vapid Lacquer Top Coat which has definitely become my go to top coat!

Vapid Lacquer Carina Nebula

Macro shot in the light box of "Carina Nebula"

Vapid Lacquer Carina Nebula

Shade shot of "Carina Nebula".  
The gorgeous reddish, pink shade really comes out here.

Vapid Lacquer Carina Nebula

Macro shot of "Carina Nebula" in the shade.

Vapid Lacquer Carina Nebula

Sun shot of "Carina Nebula".  Here you can see the amazing holo that 
Krys is just too good at creating!  I love how it just lights up in the sun!

Vapid Lacquer Carina Nebula

Macro shot of "Carina Nebula" in the sun.  *drooling*

All of these shades are currently available at Vapid Lacquer.  Krys also has an assortment of other bath and body products that I definitely recommend all you beauties checking out.  I love these new galaxy themed nail polishes!  The holos are drool worthy for sure!  Also, the application is unbelievably flawless.  Most importantly, it is not a pain in the butt to remove!

I hope you all have a beautiful weekend!


**Disclaimer: I was sent these items to review.  All opinions expressed therein are honest and of my own accord.**

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
09 10