Monday, January 27, 2014

Glam Polish-Coven & OPI-Im Not Really a Waitress



I think at this point it is safe to say that I have a full blown obsession with my new macro lens.  It just shows how gorgeous polish can truly be.  There are usually so many layers and textures that can't be captured any other way.  The macro shot pictured above is Glam Polish-Coven.  Not only do I find this name fabulous, since American Horror Story is one of the best shows on television, but this color is drop, dead gorg.  I have worn this polish before, but once I saw how my macro lens worked I knew I had to use it again.




Here is a shot of the finished mani I came up with.  I used nail tape to create the lines and covered Coven with OPI-I'm Not Really a Waitress.  I created a little tutorial to show what I did and it can be found here.  


Here is another macro, but this time of the lined manicure I was able to create.  Honestly, I almost wished that I kept it straight Glam Polish just because of how gorgeous Coven is.  


Here is a shot of the bottom of the bottle so that everyone can see it and go buy it!! Honestly, Glam Polish glitter polishes are fantastic.  I have also found that they tend to be easier to remove than most other glitter polishes.  When fully removing my polish I use felt pads dipped in nail polish remover.  I wish I could say I make my own, but I am too lazy for that at this point.  (Don't think I havn't thought about it.)  And when I am removing glitter they the felt tends to snag.  If any of you didn't know, you can dip a cotton ball in nail polish remover and place it on your nail.  Then if you wrap it with tinfoil and let it sit the glitter is easier to take off.  I hate yet to try this, but I really should in the future to prevent the snagging.  I hate getting felt everywhere, and glitter.  Too much glitter.  

What are some of your tips and tricks to get rid of glitter?  Do you beauties find anything else difficult to remove ( ie. nail glue, charms, rhinestones, etc.)?  Let me know and have a beautiful day!


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
09 10