Thursday, January 9, 2014

Glam Polish, Philly loves Lacquer, Nail Honey and always some HK Girl Top Coat



When I first started this manicure it was going in a completely different direction.  I am actually quite sad that it did not come out the way I originally intended for it to.  I had originally put a base coat of yellow that I intended to have show through with a layer of blue over the top.  However, when I went to peel off the tape that I had placed to create the triangles I saw that I had not waited long enough and the paint peeled off with the tape.  Basically, lesson learned, I need to be more patient when it comes to using tape in manicures.  Glam Polish is slowly becoming one of my favorite indie brands.  I have used this blue before, but I thought it would be perfect for the yellow/blue manicure I was originally trying to do.  



Here is another shot of the same mani.  I used Stripe-Rite for the line work.  But buyer beware: I bought a black Stripe-Rite on Amazon a few weeks ago and the brush was totally bent and destroyed!! I have been thinking about letting it sit in acetone/nail polish remover for a few days and then hopefully being able to move it and form it.  At this point, the product is totally unusable for straight lines.  Zebra print, different story.  So not a total loss.  

On my "Cinderalla" hand I opted to swatch some polishes that I have been dying to try.  Once again, Glam Polish on three of my nails (index, middle and ring) and I love love love it.  The lacquer applies so smoothly and the glitter in each one is so unique.  Also, unlike most glitter polishes, I had little to no difficult in removing it.  For my thumb I was able to use one of my indie polishes from Philly Loves Lacquer.  I originally stumbled upon this company through a fellow nail blogger and knew I had to purchase their "I'm Ron Burgundy?".  But I also decided to give their Fancy Brigade a try because I felt that my collection was lacking green hues.  Funny enough, my sister must have been thinking the same thing because she bought me a TON of green polishes for Christmas.

Here is a picture of the polishes I used on my "Cinderalla" hand in the order I used them from thumb to pinky (left to right) and of course I topped it all of with my HK Girl Top Coat.  I am one of the biggest fans of HK Girl Top Coat.  My main reason is because I believe that this formula brings out the best of every nail polish.  Also, the drying time is unreal.  


Here is a shot of the butt ends of the polishes so that I can be lazy and not write out each and every single polish and name.  This was my first time using Nail Honey lacquer and I am obsessed.  Not only do I love the color of the Jaded, but also the application was flawless.  The adorable bottles don't hurt the situation either.  


I want to see and hear about some of your favorite swatched polishes!  Let me know what recent polishes you have tried for the first time and how you like them.


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
09 10