Sunday, March 23, 2014

Day 14 Nail Art March: Flake & Tropical Water Marble



Day Fourteen of the Nail Art March Challenge that I have been participating in was themed "flake".  When I first read this theme I was terrified.  I had no clue what I was going to do.  However, the day before this challenge theme was "due" I remembered all the gold and silver foil I bought awhile ago.  So this is what I came up with!
I used Zoya Barbie as the base and individually placed the foil and the pearls.  I finished the whole look off with a coat of HK Girl Top Coat.  In previous posts using gold and silver foil, I have mentioned how sometimes the foil will continue to slowly wear off the manicure.  What I have found that helps is applying multiple top coats.  Wait for the layers to dry, but usually 2-3 top coats will help the foil stay in the design you wish.


Macro of my flake mani


Literally right before I went to take this picture, the edge of my nail caught the table and ruined my manicure.  I had to get a macro of the adorable pearls though!!  So excuse my obviously imperfect manicure.  I tried to cover it is much as possible with my watermark ;)

With Spring here and the weather starting to get warmer I was in a beachy, tropical mood and decided to do this water marble.


I watched a tutorial on youtube by PackaPunchNails in order to create this "pinwheel" esque look.  Watching tutorials has probably been the most help in improving my water marbling technique.  For this manicure I used Sally Hansen Coral Reef and Green with Envy.  The accent nail is three coats of Ciate Angel Wings with water decal placement.  I finished the whole manicure with a nice coat of HK Girl Top Coat.


Macro of my tropical water marble


This is probably my favorite macro that I captured because I think that the pinwheel design can be seen best.  I really love how the colors blend together in the middle.


Macro of the water decals I used


Second macro of the water decals I used

I am obsessed with these adorable fruit water decals.  They are not only so easy to apply, but they have white backgrounds so they show up on any nail color.  My supply of water decals has grown out of control, and I love it.  

I love seeing all the new Spring collections that nail polish companies are releasing, but I love seeing the Spring themed manis more!!  Have you beauties done any Spring themed manis yet?  What is your favorite part about Spring?  Let me know!!  Have a beautiful day.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
09 10