Monday, March 24, 2014

Day 17: St. Patty's Manicure & Pretty & Polished




Day 17 of the Nail Art March Challenge was St. Patty's Day theme for St. Patty's Day.  Obviously, this blog post is super delayed, but I hope everyone had a fantastic, and safe, St. Patty's day.  Personally, it has never been my holiday, but I do enjoy a green beer or two.




Macro of my St. Patty's Day Manicure


Macro number two

For this manicure I chose to stick with recognizable, traditional St.Patty's Day themes.  I created a rainbow on my thumb and pinkie by sponging different colors over a white base.  For the remaining fingers I used Glam Polish Conjuring and finished with a heavy coat of HK Girl Top Coat.  This green by Glam Polish is divine!!  I love the different sized pieces of glitter in it and the shade itself is breathtaking.

I used stamps to create the beer and leprechaun hat.  For the gold clover detail I used charms from Daily Charme.

I was so shocked that it was already St. Patty's Day!! Time sometimes just flies.  Well with St. Patty's done, that can only mean that Spring is here!  To celebrate the hopefully warmer months to come I decided to Spring things up a bit with some Pretty & Polished lacquer.



Pictured here I have two coats of I'm in Love with the Farmer's Daughter.  I stamped over this manicure from plate Pueen31 using white polish.  I finished the whole manicure with HK Girl Top Coat.  The stamps did not come out as well as I had hoped, but overall I am happy with the results being that I am still very new to stamping.  Next, I want to learn how to stretch and shrink stamps.  I have seen some great tutorials on YouTube.


Macro shot of Pretty & Polished

I love this shade of lavender, especially in combination with the pink circles in the polish.  The application is easy and I love the somewhat textured look that is achieved when a top coat is not added.  Pretty & Polished make some very unique combinations and I definitely think that all you beauties should go check them out if you've never heard of them!

I have been absolutely slacking when it comes to the Nail Art March Challenge.  I skipped the day eight prompt, candies, and have been able to get most designs a day or two after I was supposed to.  I know obviously, that it is okay to be a day or two late or skip themes, it is up to my discretion, but I want to be able to get all of it done.  The goal has definitely become just getting them done, regardless of the time table.

Did any of you beauties participate in the Nail Art March Challenge?  I am most excited about putting together a collage at the end!  What makes you beauties most excited about participating in challenges?  Let me know!!  Have a beautiful Monday. 






No comments :

Post a Comment

 
09 10