Sunday, March 9, 2014

Day Four: Ombre & Blue Ombre Just Cause


Glam Polish Conjuring, Tinker Bell, and Iridessa

Day Four of the March Nail Art challenge was ombre and since St.Patrick's Day is in March I figured why not green?  For the holiday, my sister got me some amazing Glam Polish and the first thing I thought was these would make a great ombre.  Two months later I finally got around to it!!  The three Glam Polish I used (in order from bottom of nail to top) were: Conjuring, Tinker Bell, and Iridessa.  The sparkle on these polishes is enough to make any girl swoon.  These shades just go flawlessly together and I finished the whole manicure with a green stud I got on eBay and a coat of HK Girl Top Coat.  I applied the studs using a small dot of HK Girl Top Coat and then sealing with a coat.



Glam Polish Conjuring, Tinker Bell, and Iridessa
Macro shot.  The glitter is just unreal in Conjuring!

Since I was seriously feeling ombre (not really, wait until the triplet swap) I decided to do one in blue:

Glam Polish Book of Shadows, High Priestess, and Ulta Indgo-go Girl

For this manicure I headed straight back to Glam Polish because I was so pleased with my first one.  I was so silly though and overlooked one that I had and decided to switch in an Ulta polish instead.  Regardless, I really like how this manicure turned out.  The Ulta polish was *such* a pain to get rid of and excuse the random glitter everywhere.  I definitely rushed this one.

Glam Polish Book of Shadows, High Priestess, and Ulta Indgo-go Girl

Here is a shot of the two Glam Polish shades I used: Book of Shadows and High Priestess.  The Book of Shadows is the color on the tip of my nails then I used the High Priestess next and finished the ombre with Ulta Indgo-go Girl.  I bought this Ulta shade when they were having a huge sale and I am so pleased with it.  I really like the glitter placement and the almost jean color to it.  

Glam Polish Book of Shadows, High Priestess, and Ulta Indgo-go Girl
Macro of my blue ombre

Glam Polish Book of Shadows, High Priestess, and Ulta Indgo-go Girl
Macro shot two of my blue ombre

I definitely need to start straying away from the ombre train.  The next design for the March challenge is candy for day eight.  However, I am having such a difficult time figuring out a design I can do!  I also just recently started testing out acrylic polishes.  I am not sure if I am not using the right brushes, the right paint, or I just suck.

Do any of you beauties use acrylic paint on your nails?  Do you have any tips or tricks?  Let me know!! Have a beautiful day :)


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
09 10