Monday, April 7, 2014

Day 25: Match OOTD, Day 28: Watercolor & Day 31: Drips









I know I am a wee bit late with my favorite's for March, but like I said, I've been behind on the blogging!  Haha.  I have been busy with meet ups and organizing a group swap.  But March was definitely a very fun month for manicures.  It was my first month participating in a challenge and I really enjoyed it!  Having a theme pushed me to think up new ideas, and I definitely think that overall it made me a better artist.

When April first rolled around I was undecided as to whether or not I should do the April Nail Art Challenge.  I couldn't pass it up though and I am definitely doing it!  Check back for posts :)

Now on to the manicure actually pictured here.

Day 25 of Nail Art March was Match your OOTD (Outfit of the Day).  Funny that Spring rolls around and my OOTD turns out to be a sweater and jeans!!  Haha!  Anyway, I tried to capture the outfit in the background.  My index finger represents my favorite Chanel print black pull over.  My middle finger represents a black tank top that I usually pair with my pull over.  My ring finger symbolizes my favorite pair of bright blue jeans.  And lastly, my pinkie represents my favorite purse.  I was dreading this design at first, but once I started I had a blast.  I enjoyed making the jean nail the most.

Day 28: Watercolor



For the Watercolor theme I specifically bought OPI tints to create this really intersting tye dye, water color look.  I started with a base of white nail polish.  Then I dabbed the four tint shades over one another.  After that, I dipped a brush in pure acetone and let it drip over the manicure and I dabbed in certain spots to create the white showing through.  When I first saw the sheer tints on the market I hated them so much.  I thought they were so ugly.  However, as I started seeing incredible blogger after blogger post insane manicures I knew I had to have them.  I ended up buying a full mini set on eBay.

Day 31: Drips


The final theme for the Nail Art March Challenge was Drips.  After doing my St. Patrick's Day manicure and having rainbow, I knew I wanted to incorporated that again with drips.  I drew the drips using a toothpick and created the rainbow by dabbing over a white base with a make up sponge.  I am so-so happy with this manicure.  If I were to do it again I think I would use a drip stamp instead of hand drawing, or make the drips more cartoon.  I feel like they just look strange?  That's really the only way I can describe them.


My whole goal for the Nail Art March Challenge was to be able to collage all the manicures are the end.  I am so happy and proud of all the designs I came up with!!  It was really cool though to see what everyone else did for that specific theme.  Check back for the Nail Art April Challenge!

Recently, I started a new cuticle care routine and I am loving it.  I purchased Burt's Bee's lemon cuticle butter and not only does it smell incredible but it works like a charm!!  I also have been obsessively using as many OPI Avoplex products as I can get my hands on, Essie Millionails base coat, and a new cuticle remover.  

What do you beauties do to keep your cuticles in pristine condition?  Do you only care about the cuticles and/or nails on one hand or both?  Let me know!!  Have a beautiful week.


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
09 10