Saturday, April 5, 2014

Day 8: Candies, Day 20: Daises, Day 22: Spring & Why Not Some Tribal?


Zoya Pippa Matte

The theme for day 8 of Nail Art March, yes I said Day 8 ;), was Candies.  Originally I had decided to skip this theme because of the complete and total meltdown I almost had regarding this very manicure right here.  Even though I ended up doing this theme two weeks after the fact, when I originally tried I had barely done any stamping.  Two weeks of stamping makes a whole hell of a difference!!  That's for sure.  
For this manicure I used three thin coats of Zoya Pippa and topped it with Hard Candy Matte Top Coat.   I am happy, ish, with the way this manicure came out.  I definitely think it is always going to haunt me

Macro of Candies themed manicure

Day 20: Daises

Daisy Manicure

I decided to free hand these daises after seeing some gorgeous daisy designs on Instagram.  Overall, I am very happy with how these turned out.  This is definitely a manicure I would love to revisit in the future and possibly redo in a couple of months.  Of course, my thumb turned out the best and that is the one nail that gets half photographed!!

Since I know you are probably super sick of Nail Art March by this point (I know I am ;)) Here is a Tribal Mani to switch some things up.

China Glaze Tribal

For this manicure I used the brushed technique for the first time.  I'm not totally sure if that is what the technique is called, however, basically what I did was I used a large fan brush and gently brushed colors over one another on top of a white base coat.  I then layered the brushed design with stamps from MoYou London Pro Collection 03 Plate.  

This might be my favorite manicure of the month.  I had this idea floating around in my head and drawn out for over a week before attempting it.  For once it came out better than I had ever pictured it!!

Day 22: Spring

China Glaze Sun of a Peach and China Glaze Highlight of my Summer

Day 22 of the Nail Art March Challenge was Spring.  What says Spring more than pastels from China Glaze?  I have to say, I am so pleased with all the shades that China Glaze has been coming out for their Spring Collections.  However, I hate the finishes on these polishes.  They dry a bit matte.  However, once I found this out I did not mind as much because I knew what to expect.

For this manicure I used China Glaze Sun of A Peach and Highlight of my Summer.  I decorated each nail with floral water decals

China Glaze Sun of a Peach

Bottle shot of Sun of a Peach

China Glaze Highlight of my Summer

Bottle shot of China Glaze Highlight of my Summer


Macro of China Glaze Sun of A Peach


As of late I have been super into stamping.  Sometimes it seems like I get into one technique, hard, but for only a couple of weeks and then I move on.  Eventually, I end up coming back.  But for awhile it was water decals, now stamping, and I think I might be moving on to fimo clay next?

Do any of you beauties ever get obsessed with a technique or accessory until you have to master it?  I feel like Pokemon, but I gotta catch them all!  Let me know.  Have a beautiful weekend!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
09 10