Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Day 5 Weather; Day 8 Favorite & Day 11 Chevron




Nail Art Challenge April Weather

I know I say this pretty much every month, but WOAH, where did April fly to?  Obviously, this post is like beyond overdue and late, however, it's here it's here!  Some of my manicures for Nail Art April.  I figured it was only appropriate I share some of them before the month was up.  I will definitely be posting the rest during May as well as my usual collage.  My Instagram is definitely more up to date than the blog.  So for more recent manis look me up: @saraxbeara on IG.
Now to actually discuss this mani.  Day 5 of Nail Art April was "Weather".  When I first started this manicure I was inspired by the saying, "April showers bring May Flowers".  The blue base I created by mixed and dabbing several different nail polishes.

I like to create dynamic bases like this by starting out with a singular shade.  I then use a make-up sponge to dab on different shades of either the same color, or complimenting colors.  

I used water decals to create the flowers and studs that I purchased on eBay.  I finished this look off with a coat of HK Girl Top Coat.

Next up:
Nail Art Challenge April Favorite Cheetah Simply Spoiled Beauty

Day 8 of Nail Art April's Theme was "Favorite".  I interpreted this theme by using my one of my favorite shades of nail polish, and incorporating my favorite print.

China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy

For this look I started with China Glaze "Flip Flop Fantasy".  Funny enough, this polish was one of the first I bought when I first became interested in nail art.  It still remains a favorite to this day.

I created the leopard spots on my index, middle, and ring finger by using pens from Simply Spoiled Beauty.  For my thumb and pinkie I stamped an image from plate SH25 because there just was not enough cheetah!  :)

The rhinestones I individually placed I purchased from eBay.

Nail Art Challenge April

Next up:

Nail Art April Challenge Chevrons

Day 11's theme for the Nail Art April Challenge was "Chevrons".  Obviously, I was not going to pass up the opportunity to use my Nail Vinyls for this prompt!

I created this manicure by stamping images from plate Cheeky CH52 and like previously mentioned, I used Nail Vinyls to create the chevron look.

Nail Art April was definitely more challenging than Nail Art March because of time constrictions.  However, once again I really enjoyed it because of the unique prompts that encouraged me to think outside the box and try designs I would not have thought to on my own.

But, sadly, I do not think that I will be participating in a Challenge for May.  I have to move because I am going to be starting my first year of law school come the Fall and with my birthday and moving, this month is just way too hectic.  However, I will continue to post manis from Nail Art April and other assorted ones I do.

I hope you all have a beautiful week!














No comments :

Post a Comment

 
09 10