Sunday, May 4, 2014

Philly Loves Lacquer "Milk was A Bad Choice", Ruby Wings "All Dolled Up" & Day 17/20


Polish Pusher Nail Mail

Easter this year fell on one of my favorite "unofficial" holidays out there.  I apologize in advance if this offends anyone, but I was born and raised in Southern California, minutes from the beach.  'Nuff said.

In honor of 4/20 Polish Pusher came out with a rasta topper.  I had to have it.  She was so sweet to even include a free mini.  I love me some minis :)

Every year for Easter, the boyfriend and I go to Mexico with his family.  Since I knew painting time was going to be limited, I opted for funny over festive for my manicure for the weekend.  

Also, please excuse my sad excuse of a nub nail.  I had a horrific break the day before I left and was unable to file my nails while on vacation.  I am currently nursing my nail back to full length.



Philly Loves Lacquer Milk Was A Bad Choice

For Easter weekend I chose to sport one of my favorites, Philly Loves Lacquer "Milk was a Bad Choice".  Not only am I a huge fan of PLL and Anchorman, but I am a huge fan of this polish!!

When I first saw swatches on Accio Lacquer's blog I instantly wanted to paint my nails with this polish and then eat it!!  

I love that it truly looks like cookies and milk.  I'm not a huge white or off white polish person, but with the yellow, white, and brown pieces of glitter who couldn't love this?

Philly Loves Lacquer Milk Was A Bad Choice

Macro shot of "Milk was a Bad Choice" by Philly Loves Lacquer in the bottle.

Next up:

Ruby Wings All Dolled Up

With my nail polish collection, well to be frank, spiraling out of control, something I have been becoming more and more interested in are thermal and solar nail polishes.  I love having one color on my nails one minute and with a change in temperature or light, another color appears.  Two for the price of one!

When I saw that Ruby Wings had come out with their own line of solar polishes I knew I had to have them.  Out of all of the shades, I am actually quite unhappy that I chose this one.  I love the solar state of this polish, but absolutely hate the normal state.  It almost reminds me of a clown.  This shade of Ruby Wings is called "All Dolled Up"

So what is the difference between thermal and solar nail polish?  Thermal changes color based on the introduction of heat or cold.  Some thermals are sensitive to heat changes, whereas others are sensitive to cold, and some do both!!  Solar lacquer on the other hand changes based on exposure to the sun.  Thermal nail polish can also change due to introduction to sunlight, but that is because of the change in temperature.  Solar nail polish will not change in hot or cold, only with exposure to the sun.

Ruby Wings All Dolled Up

Macro shot of Ruby Wings "All Dolled Up" normal state.  Excuse the hair.  I had no idea it was there until after the fact ant the sun had set, and it was just a hot mess.

Ruby Wings All Dolled Up

Macro shot of Ruby Wings "All Dolled Up" activated by the sun.  I love the watermelon/berry shade that this polish turns in the sun.  Disgusted with the normal state, but loving how it changes!

Next up:


Since I was away for Easter, I just did not have time to complete the Nail Art April Challenge the way I would have liked to.  So, in order to attempt to finish all the themes I was inspired by my friend @daintydigits87 (IG), to do a combination manicure.  I could not, for the life of me, figure out a way to do peeps, so I skipped it.  So pictured above I have Day 17 "Easter eggs" and Day 20 "Easter".  

For this manicure I started with a base of white on my index, middle, and ring finger.  I then topped each nail with an OPI sheer tint.  I then used nail art pens from Simply Spoiled Beauty to create the Easter egg design.  

For my thumb and pinkie I started with a base of "Spring Sprang Sprung" by Bsquared Lacquer and then drew the bunny ears using nail art pens from Simply Spoiled Beauty and OPI sheer tints.

Holidays are always so much fun because you get to spend time with family.  However, I wish that I had more time to complete Nail Art April!!  Oh well, atleast I was able to get the ones I did done.

This month I have decided to participate in the MoYou London Challenge/Competition.   Check my IG for up to date posts for the challenge (@saraxbeara).

Have a beautiful night!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
09 10