Saturday, April 26, 2014

Literary Lacquers "More Like Fire than Light"; Cult Nails "Nevermore" & Enchanted Polish "April 2014"



Cult Nails Nevermore Literary Lacquers More like Fire than Light

Some days I just do not know what goes through my head.  I go to do a manicure, typically I have drawn the design out beforehand and pre-selected colors, so I have an idea of where I am going and what it should look like.  This manicure was not one of those.
 I definitely think that if I were to do this over I would have started with a lighter base so that the Literary Lacquers "More like Fire than Light" would have popped more and looked more orange, how it is supposed to look.  However, on the other hand, I quite enjoy how it looks like fire, all brownish orange.

To create this look I started with a coat of Cult Nails "Nevermore".  Then I used Nail Vinyls to create the lightening bolt shape and then used two coats of Literary Lacquers "More like Fire than Light".  

Next up:

Cult Nails Nevermore

After my semi-failed Cult Nails "Nevermore" I decided to let this gorgeous black cream shine on its own.  To create this look I started out by making diamonds in the center of my nail with no base coat.  I used pens that I bought from Simply Spoiled Beauty.  Then I filled in the rest of my nail using Cult Nails "Nevermore".  Finally, I lined caviar beads around the edges of the negative space diamond.

I definitely do not want to see any caviar beads for quite some time.  They were such a pain to put on!  I need an easier method for sure in the future.


Cult Nails Nevermore

Bottle shot of Cult Nails "Nevermore"

Next up:

Enchanted Polish April 2014

I am a HUGE Enchanted Polish fan and have been participating in pre-orders for a couple of months as well has rifling through eBay listings trying to, basically, catch them all!  Haha.  Anyway, pictured here I have "April 2014".  This holo is a beautiful grey, blue, periwinkle.  It is definitely more subtle than some of the other Enchanted Polishes, but the shine on this is gorgeous!

I used two coats of Enchanted Polish "April 2014" and topped it with HK Girl Top Coat.  I didn't add anything else to the manicure because I felt like this holo needed to shine on its own!

Do any of you beauties own any Enchanted Polish?  Do you participate in the pre-order?  Is there another brand that you follow religiously?  Let me know!  Have a beautiful weekend.



No comments :

Post a Comment

 
09 10