Sunday, April 13, 2014

Heather's Hues Reviews & Swatches Part I



 







Talk about being excited.  Today I have some of the most fabulous polishes to show you from the sweetest indie maker I know, Heather, from Heather's Hues.  
Pictured above on the left is Skinnydipping and on the right is Pretty Pretty Princess by Heather's Hues.




Skinnydipping Heather's Hues

Skinnydipping is a rich sand colored cream polish.  For this manicure I used two thin coats of Skinnydipping and topped it with a heavy coat of HK Girl Top Coat.  The stamps on my index and ring finger are from Winstonia Plate W106.  I free hand drew the lines for the beach towel that is on my middle finger.

I am obsessed with this shade.  It is perfect alone or with a topper to achieve a beachy, summer look.  Also, in the sun, the shimmer on this polish is breathtaking.  I love how it's a nude shade without actually being too nude that it just blends in!

Skinnydipping Heather's Hues

Bottle shot of Skinnydipping.  I love the name of this polish too!!  I think that it is just so naughty.  Polish names are definitely a selling point for me, and this one makes me chuckle every time.

Skinnydipping Heather's Hues

Macro shot of Skinnydipping.  In some lighting, this polish definitely takes on a more yellow tint, but in the sun it's almost pearlized.  It has a gorgeous shimmer to it that elevates the polish.  I definitely am going to use Skinnydipping again in the future, but maybe with some blue, water-esque glitter?  Oh, the creativity is just flying!!

Next up I have my favorite polish out of every collection that Heather has made, Pretty Pretty Princess.  This polish was named after Princess Diana and it definitely lives up to its beautiful namesake.

Heather's Hues Pretty Pretty Princess

For this manicure I started with a base of OPI You're Such a Budapest.  Then I layered two generous coats of Pretty Pretty Princess by Heather's Hues.  This polish could definitely be worn alone with three coats, but I like how it looks with a base color.  I finished with a top coat of HK Girl Top Coat.

I love this glitter topper so much.  At first, it reminded me of the Lakers, but when I actually painted it, the polish took on a whole other look.  I love the fact that there are so many different sized and shaped pieces of glitter.  There are small round pieces of glitter, shards, and hexagons.  I barely had to shake the polish and I had to do zero fishing.  Overall, I not only love the shade and texture of this polish but damn does this woman know how to make a glitter polish!!

Heather's Hues Pretty Pretty Princess

Bottle shot of Pretty Pretty Princess.

Heather's Hues Pretty Pretty Princess

Macro shot of Pretty Pretty Princess.  Typically, purples are the most difficult color for me to photograph accurately.  However, this polish was a dream.  Like I was beyond shocked when I started photographing because I had no issues!  In this macro you can truly see how gorgeous this polish is, but also how complex the glitter is as well!

Heather's Hues Pretty Pretty Princess

Macro of my accent nail using Pretty Pretty Princess by Heather's Hues and charm from eBay.

Now since I am obsessed with this polish, and the glitter was being a bit of brat (too shiny!), I knew I had to matte this and see if it was possible to make this polish even more beautiful!


Heather's Hues Pretty Pretty Princess

It's possible.  :D  I can't tell if I like it better matte or glossy.  Either way, I want to use it everyday.  Matte, you can definitely see the detailing more without the glitter washing out.  I used one coat of Hard Candy Matte Nail Polish.

Heather's Hues Pretty Pretty Princess

Matte Macro of Pretty Pretty Princess.  In this macro you can truly see how detailed the glitter is and how perfect all the shades work together.  I love the different shades of purple, and especially the gold, with how subtle it is. 

If any of you beauties are interested in Heather's Hues you can find her store here.  I provided a link in the beginning of the post as well.  I have more swatches to come, and I cannot wait for you all to see them!

Heather's collection is bright, vibrant, and perfect for the upcoming summer season.  All of her polishes are blended beautifully and application is seamless.  

Have any of you beauties tried Heather's Hues before?  Let me know!!  Also, stay tuned for Part II of the swatching and reviewing to see two more sensational polishes by the beautiful Heather of Heather's Hues.  Have a beautiful weekend.


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
09 10