Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Heather's Hues Reviews & Swatches Part II




Heather's Hues Pier-fect BlueHeather's Hues Under the Boardwalk

As promised, here are my final swatches and review of Heather's Hues fabulous nail polish.  On the left is "Pier-fect Blue" with water decals.  On the right is "Under the Boardwalk".



Heather's Hues Pier-fect Blue

For this manicure I started with two coats of "Pier-fect Blue".  Then I topped it with HK Girl Top Coat and some water decals I bought on eBay.  This blue shimmer nail polish is breathtaking!  Usually, in a day, I do anywhere from 2-4 manicures.  Typically, once I finish a manicure I take the nail polish off while it's still somewhat dent-able.  However, this manicure I would not bear to part with and left it on for, an unheard of, whole day.  I could not stop staring at my nails every time the small sparkles caught the light.

I was inspired by Heather's gorgeous labels and placed water decals that I cut around my nails.  I love how the decals really pop with this gorgeous shade of blue.

Like her other polishes, the formula on this one is just flawless.  Not only is it easy to apply, but it dries beautifully and works fabulously with HK Girl Top Coat.

Heather's Hues Pier-fect Blue

Bottle shot of "Pier-fect Blue"



Macro of "Pier-fect Blue".  In this shot you can see just how fabulous this polish truly is!!  The sparkles are unbelievable.

Next up:

Heather's Hues Under the Boardwalk

For this manicure I started with two coats of "Under the Boardwalk".  Then I topped it with a coat of HK Girl Top Coat.  I finished by placing fimo clay sliced flowers on top.

Instantly, this manicure reminds me of the ocean.  Usually, I am not a huge fan of bar glitter, but this polish is perfect in every shape and way.  The shimmer on this polish is breathtaking, switching from a gorgeous blue to turquoise to green, just like the ocean as it ebbs.  The different glitter pieces and shapes lend to the water effect.

This polish was easy to apply and it dried perfectly.

Heather's Hues Under the Boardwalk

Bottle shot of "Under the Boardwalk"

Heather's Hues Under the Boardwalk

Macro shot of "Under the Boardwalk".  Here you can see how beautifully the glitter pieces and shimmer in the polish work together.


Heather's Hues

I meant to include this shot in my first post, but totally spaced.  Better late than never!  Here is a full shot of all the bottles and their respective names.  

I had such a fun time swatching and reviewing these polishes for Heather at Heather's Hues.  You can find here shop here.  I definitely recommend you all go check out her beautiful polish.  I can't wait to see what she comes up with in the future!

Have a beautiful week!


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
09 10