Friday, March 14, 2014

Triplet Mani Swap & Essie- Bikini so Teeny & Kawaii Lacquer- SpringFlutters




Triplet Manicure Swap @lissamel9 @saraxbeara @live_love_lacquer


Since I have been hyping it up, here is the triplet mani swap that I participated in with my new, and lovely friends @lissamel9 and @live_love_lacquer (IG).  Melissa and I decided to copy Tina's design of a red, pink, ombre.  This was actually the first ombre I did before the green, and blue featured in this blog post.  This is the ombre that started it all.




 Layla CE 65, Milani Electric Pink, and Ulta Encore Pink

Solo shot of my ombre manicure.  For this manicure I used Layla CE 65, Milani Electric Pink, and Ulta Encore Pink.  I layered the three colors on a make up sponge and then blotted them onto my nail over a white base.  I definitely recommend allowing the first blot to try and then repeating the process.  I found that I was able to use one make up sponge to blot one hand, twice.  However, if you start noticing that there are chunks that means you need to use a new make up sponge.  


Triplet Manicure Swap @lissamel9 @saraxbeara @live_love_lacquer
The second triplet swap manicure Tina and I chose was Melissa's plaid and argyle design.  I was really excited about this manicure because I have been really wanting to try a plaid or argyle design, but lucky me I got to do both in one go!!  I love the colors that Melissa originally chose for this manicure.  They were so difficult to match though!

OPI Youre Such a Budapest, Fresh Paint Divine!, Cult Nails Nevermore, and Sally Hansen Pacific Blue

Solo shot of my triplet swap manicure.  For this manicure I used OPI Youre Such a Budapest, Fresh Paint Divine!, Cult Nails Nevermore, and Sally Hansen Pacific Blue.  Like I said before, the colors were super difficult to match, but I think overall all three manicures look pretty damn good!


Triplet Manicure Swap @lissamel9 @saraxbeara @live_love_lacquer

For part three of the triplet mani swap the beautiful ladies chose to do one of my manicures!  You can find the original post to this manicure here.  I think the ladies did such an amazing job.  Their lines are so neat and their colors are spot on!

I am super excited because I finally received my first order of Kawaii Lacquer!

Essie Bikini so Teeny Kawaii Lacquer Spring Flutter Matte

This manicure is two coats of Essie Bikini so Teeny and two coats of Kawaii Lacquer Spring Flutters finished with a matte top coat.  I wish the photos had picked it up better, but I could not stop staring at the matte on these nails!!  I love these Kawaii Lacquer because even though I used it as a topper I definitely feel like it could stand on its own.  

Essie Bikini so Teeny Kawaii Lacquer Spring Flutter Matte

Bottle shot of Essie

Essie Bikini so Teeny Kawaii Lacquer Spring Flutter Matte

Bottle shot of Kawaii Lacquers

Essie Bikini so Teeny Kawaii Lacquer Spring Flutter Matte Macro

Macro of Essie Bikini so Teeny and Kawaii Lacquers Spring Flutter

Essie Bikini so Teeny Kawaii Lacquer Spring Flutter Matte Macro

Macro of Essie Bikini so Teeny and Kawaii Lacquers Spring Flutters

I absolutely adored doing the triplet swap manicure and I cannot wait to participate in more swaps and recreations!  Have any of you beauties ever participated in a swap?  If you would like to do one with me, let me know!!  Have a beautiful week.


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
09 10